Germany is worldwide well known for its well organized and reliable social security system. International professionals, working in Germany, are normally a subject to German social security contributions. If exemption from German social security legislation is not possible, the employer is required to register employees with statutory social security providers. How exactly does it work and what do international professionals and HR-managers need to know about it? These basics will be highlighted at the event first.
The social security insurance for international employees / expats who are on assignment in Germany is regulated by EU-regulations and by international social security agreements with some non-European countries. The rules and legal aspects of social security for expats in frames of global mobility assignments will be presented at the event as well.
The health and pension insurances as essential parts of the social security scheme are some of the most important aspects, which often need special attention by expats and HR-managers. Our experts and guest speakers will particularly emphasize these two fields during the event and explain the specifics of the German health insurance.
- 6:00 p.m.: Start of registration.
- 6:30 p.m.: Welcome and Introduction „Expat Service Desk ME&DUS”, Svitlana Bayer & Camille Bolz.
- 6:50 p.m.: Presentation „Social Security System in Germany”, Daniel Schütz, Senior Manager and Pension Advisor at KPMG.
- 7:40 p.m.: Presentation „Health Insurance in Germany”, Sven Thissen, Manager at BARMER Health Insurance.
- 8:30 - 9:30 p.m.: Discussion and Networking with drinks & snacks.
Registration for the event is possible via E-Mail with your full name and contact details. To meet the requirements and expectations of the event-participants, we kindly ask you to add to your registration information on:
- Country of origin / nationality of the expats / international employees
- Local or expat work contract
- Family status of expat / international employee.
Note: The event will take place in English language!